X100 Battery Drain

The definitive headphone guitar amp.
dreamevil

X100 Battery Drain

Post by dreamevil »

Hi all. I started to use the X100 with batteries for low noise. When the switch turned off(and no jack plugged to the X100) do the batteries drain?
mavrim

Re: X100 Battery Drain

Post by mavrim »

There shouldn't be any drain. Just make sure to remove batteries if your not using it after a week or so. I have seen so many corroded battery springs and terminals.

If your power supply is noisy, it is probably due for a refurb with new capacitors. Your probably getting noise from a bad capacitor that's not filtering your power.
dreamevil

Post by dreamevil »

Thank you for your answer. It has Roxx Design 220v adapter. I just need to record with X100 that's why i use batteries. None of any rockman products i've tried were noiseless.(IIB,X100, Sustainor) I had recapped with xtreme high quality caps nothing changed.
Anyway that X100 (Rev 10) has chorus issue too. Chorus effect is too weak but i'm tired of problems with rockman.
pmev938

Post by pmev938 »

mavrim wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:33 pm If your power supply is noisy, it is probably due for a refurb with new capacitors. Your probably getting noise from a bad capacitor that's not filtering your power.
How does one go about opening up the power supply wall-wart without destroying it?
mavrim

Post by mavrim »

I cut them open with a hack saw, but recently watched a youtube video where you spray flux remover into the seam. It eats away the glue residue. I have to try it out! They mentioned that gasoline works, but I'm not using that indoors.
mavrim

Post by mavrim »

dreamevil wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:10 am Thank you for your answer. It has Roxx Design 220v adapter. I just need to record with X100 that's why i use batteries. None of any rockman products i've tried were noiseless.(IIB,X100, Sustainor) I had recapped with xtreme high quality caps nothing changed.
Anyway that X100 (Rev 10) has chorus issue too. Chorus effect is too weak but i'm tired of problems with rockman.
The left and right channel LM386 is probably the cause of excess noise. I have thought about adding a line out before the output amplifiers, but I haven't really needed to do any recording.