Rockman XPR Rigs

A dedicated forum for posting pictures and other information about Rockman rigs.
DIGGER1212

Rockman XPR Rigs

Post by DIGGER1212 »

My Rockman XPRa and Rockman XPR rigs with the Rockman XP100a. A bit of heaven.[img]
DEL%20Latest%20Config%204.jpg
[/img]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Little B

Re: Rockman XPR Rigs

Post by Little B »

Nice!....would love to find an "A" sometime
GuitarBuilder

Post by GuitarBuilder »

Which reminds me: does anyone have the details of the differences between XPR and XPRa? Could Dave Accomando do a conversion?
GuitarBuilder

Post by GuitarBuilder »

I have two: an XPR and an XP100 converted to a "Superhead"

This XPR is in my studio rack happily nestled between some stiff competion: a Lexicon MPX-G2 and a Nobels SST-19. The latter is a blatant copy (although some claim Nobels developed it first) of the XPR and sounds quite good - different, but good. It's actually a little more versatile than the XPR with input gain and compression ratio adjustment; the best feature is that the mix between the 5 different channels is continuously adjustable as opposed to the six fixed settings on the XPR.

The Superhead is a lot of fun; it's much more portable than the XP100 and I can use good 3-way PA speakers instead of the little guys in the original.
Little B

Post by Little B »

Nice! love the superhead pic!...Im not completely sure of the xpr/xpr-a differences either,other than theres waaaaay less "a"s, and supposedly the noise floor is a lot lower/quieter..Id love to know more too.
ned911

Post by ned911 »

Digger can you give us a run down of your rigs.
KingPaul

Post by KingPaul »

Wow, A NobelsSST-19 I didn't think anyone else had one. I haven't used mine in at least 5 years but I do recall they were pretty cool. The power plug looks like a mike plug (XLR)

KingPaul
GuitarBuilder

Post by GuitarBuilder »

KingPaul wrote:Wow, A NobelsSST-19 I didn't think anyone else had one. I haven't used mine in at least 5 years but I do recall they were pretty cool. The power plug looks like a mike plug (XLR)

KingPaul
Yes it does!