Stereo Echo in a pedal?

Discussion and topics that don't fit elsewhere.
ned911

Stereo Echo in a pedal?

Post by ned911 »

Has anyone found the basic functions of the stereo echo in a pedal format? I'm really looking for a pedal that will send 1 delay time to an output and half that time to the other output. 500 to out 1, 250ms to out 2.
Guitarvamp

Re: Stereo Echo in a pedal?

Post by Guitarvamp »

I can't think of one off hand, but TC Electronics makes some seriously powerful delays. Somebody, somewhere probably makes one... especially with today's digital/programming capabilities.

Or, for ease of use (and most likely much cheaper also), just use two single delays - one for right, the other for left.
iZheil9152

Post by iZheil9152 »

If you are going for extreme, I hear the eventide timefactor is one of the best.

If you are going for a set and forget delay used in rock music to go with your rockman, go for the TC maybe... or if you are an analog freak get two of the MXR CC's and rewire the feedback pots with one with stereo pot. I'm guessing it would be pretty tough to stagger the two channels like the Rockman SE's channels are though.

Whatever you do, do not get a DL4. I have one and hate it.
Guitarvamp

Post by Guitarvamp »

iZheil9152 wrote:If you are going for extreme, I hear the eventide timefactor is one of the best.
Eventide... that's the other brand I was trying to think of. Thank you. :) They are good, but pricey.

An idea... I don't remember if some of the 80s gear did different delays on right/left or not. Like the Alesis Quadraverb, Yamaha SPX90, and the Yamaha REVs. Those units are usually pretty cheap these days.
rbc
Site Admin

Post by rbc »

There's nothing wrong with having a stereo echo, but I managed to get a fairly epic chorus/delay sound with this lineup. The Sustanor goes into the Stereo Chorus. The dry output of the Stereo Chorus goes into the 2/3 channel of my little board. The processed output of the Stereo Chorus goes to the Chorus/Delay. The processed output of the Chorus/Delay goes to the 4/5 channel of my board. Both the Stereo Chorus and Chorus/Delay are set to "Wide" so their processed outputs aren't mixed with the direct outputs. I did lower the delay volume to -6 dB. The processed output of the Chorus/Delay sounded too loud to me when set to 0 dB. I used the board to set the balance of the two channels. As a plus, the Stereo Chorus sounds pretty good when the Chorus Delay is bypassed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Keep rockman-gearup.com advertising free. Make a contribution: https://paypal.me/rockmangearup/5/
Guitarvamp

Post by Guitarvamp »

That's a cool setup RBC! Lots of different options there. Plus, those Chorus/Delays are pretty handy for a lot of great sounds.
lento

Post by lento »

Talking about the Rockman Stereo Echo, something I would have liked is the Pan Select to be Octopus/footswitchable.
Would have made working in stereo a lot more fun ......
rbc
Site Admin

Post by rbc »

Guitarvamp wrote:That's a cool setup RBC! Lots of different options there. Plus, those Chorus/Delays are pretty handy for a lot of great sounds.
Thanks Guitarvamp, I was looking for a stereo way to use chorus and echo independently or together. This gives it to me.
Keep rockman-gearup.com advertising free. Make a contribution: https://paypal.me/rockmangearup/5/