Stereo Echo input not working

A family of high-end analog DI and effects gear.
lento

Stereo Echo input not working

Post by lento »

Just noticed that one of the inputs of my Stereo Echo has stopped working. The outputs are fine. I noticed because the Stereo Chorus patched in before it sounded different - it was in mono.
Checked the outputs on that and it was fine so it was then that I noticed the right input of the Echo didn't pass audio.
Looked inside and everything looks normal but the input seems to be a sealed unit.
Wondering if that would need to be replaced or if there's something further down the line that has gone wrong ...
Anyone had a similar problem - or has any idea what it could be ?

Lyn
GuitarBuilder

Re: Stereo Echo input not working

Post by GuitarBuilder »

Could be as simple as a defective/dirty jack - check that first.

Does the Pan Select have any effect?
iZheil9152

Post by iZheil9152 »

See if this fixes your problem:

One time, I was playing and noticed my stereo chorus effect was on but there was no stereo chorus. My right channel much louder than my left. I unplugged every single cable in my rig, trying to find a culprit. After not finding anything wrong with my wiring, I started to get angry because I had just taken my entire rig apart to modify a sustainor. I guess out of frustration or something I hit/knocked the input gain switch on my chorus and BINGO! the stereo returned. I guess there was something in my switch blocking the circuit. I know the C/D and SE are different animals, but since they both have the same input gain switch maybe fiddling around with it may bring back your stereo.
lento

Post by lento »

GuitarBuilder wrote:
Does the Pan Select have any effect?

Wow ! Yes, that's it ! In my messing with the 3 positions I'd overlooked it also affects the input ...... :lol:

Thanks, :D