Rev 20 Sustainor on eBay

Discussion and topics that don't fit elsewhere.
RockmanCentralBob

Re: Rev 20 Sustainor on eBay

Post by RockmanCentralBob »

Guitarvamp wrote:
rbc wrote: Maybe they'll do a Rig Rundown this year.
Except for a couple issues of something from the 80s, I've never seen a guitar magazine get guitar rigs correct (setups actually used for the recordings). Usually it's about pushing whatever products the player is known for, and not necessarily what they actually used.
The Japanese editions of Guitar Magazine are pretty extensive in that regard. Back in the early 90's they had a several page article that went pretty in depth about the "Rockman Stage", with lot's of photo's of the gear (including Tom's pedalboard, which led to a "Eureka" moment for me). They identified/listed most of the equipment used on stage. Of course, it was all in Japanese, but thankfully, my wife is Japanese and I'm fluent speaking Japanese.
Guitarvamp wrote:Then again, it begs the question can someone endorse a dead company? :D Or at very least, would Tom want to push a name that is now owned by someone else?
Everyone still equates the Rockman to Tom Scholz, so I'm pretty sure he's still quite proud of his inventions. And he clearly still believes in them, because he's still using them.
iZheil9152

Re: Rev 20 Sustainor on eBay

Post by iZheil9152 »

RockmanCentralBob wrote:Everyone still equates the Rockman to Tom Scholz, so I'm pretty sure he's still quite proud of his inventions. And he clearly still believes in them, because he's still using them.
Isn't his custom whammy bridge branded rockman? Of course this was probably made before he sold the company...

And I agree with Vamp, PG interview wouldn't do it justice (for us). It would take one of us to interview Boston to get the answers we want