Setup Help

New to Rockman gear? Here's some help. Questions are welcome.
bbheli

Setup Help

Post by bbheli »

hello everyone I'm new to the Rockman world and this board. I could use a little setup help, I saw the help pdf but still confused.

first, how do I wire in a pre-and post EQ. I totally do not understand any of other jacks on these modules other then channel or bypass. so far my rig contains this chain in this order so far

double IC sustainor
Compressor
Stereo Chorus

Octi wired to channel and bypass of sustainor and bypass of the others but have no clue what the rest does. want to know what these other jacks do as well as how to wire in echo and two eq' some is Rockman and other is digitech meq
Sunburst

Re: Setup Help

Post by Sunburst »

Hi!

No need for a Compressor with a Double IC. Both the Sustainor and Distortion Generator have compressor stages so adding a second compressor stage = noise! The only uses for a Compressor module in a Rockman setup is either in the distortion effects loop of a Sustainor for the Lead Leveler circuit (makes a non-Double IC functionally a Double IC) or as the clean channel with a Distortion Generator. The Compressor was really designed to add that over the top Rockman compression to a non-Rockman setup (Marshall stack, etc.).

Reference your effects loop, it all depends on how many EQs you're going to use. For just pre and post, send your effects loop SEND to the pre-EQ and back to the ALL RETURN. To have both pre-clean and pre-distortion EQ you need a mono splitter for your effects loop SEND. Send one out to your pre-clean EQ back to ALL RETURN and the other out to your pre-distortion EQ back to DIST/EDGE return. The Sustainor OUT should go to the post-EQ before going to the STEREO CHORUS and STEREO ECHO.

Make sense?

Very respectfully,

Sunburst
bbheli

Post by bbheli »

Thank You - Seems so, For mono split can I just use a Y cable
GuitarBuilder

Post by GuitarBuilder »

Perhaps this will help:
Suggested Basic Rockman Module Layout.jpg
(source: PSRR)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bbheli

Post by bbheli »

Thanks for the drawing. Very helpfull.