Acchan XPR Video

Touring with Rockman gear? Post audio and video from your Rockman performances.
rbc
Site Admin

Acchan XPR Video

Post by rbc »

Acchan has been at it again (Thanks!):
Keep rockman-gearup.com advertising free. Make a contribution: https://paypal.me/rockmangearup/5/
RockmanCentralBob

Re: Acchan XPR Video

Post by RockmanCentralBob »

And... here was kind enough to add a download link for all the Kemper profiles he made!!
ned911

Post by ned911 »

Is he running the Sustainor and EQ in the loop o the XPR?
RockmanCentralBob

I don't think so... he has different setups for the XPR, Sustainor and Distortion Generator.

FYI, there is (was?) a band in Japan called 'Bz' that is very popular, and their lead guitarist used an XPR for his sound.
That's one reason why you see a great interest in Japan for Rockman gear.
RockmanCentralBob

BTW, from what I can understand, he created these Kemper profiles of the XPR, Sustainor and Distortion Generator along with a couple of other pedals (a Wah and I think a Distortion pedal) run through the power stage of an amp and then combined with some IR's of various cabinets. They are all very dialed in to mimic the Bz sound quite effectively.

FWIW, I tried several of them and they sound pretty good, though not quite like how they sound in his video's. One thing I'm not sure of is if he's using the extra pedals while he's playing (as opposed to being in the profiles), so that could have something to do with it.
Rockmanxpr

Post by Rockmanxpr »

RockmanCentralBob wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:04 am I don't think so... he has different setups for the XPR, Sustainor and Distortion Generator.

FYI, there is (was?) a band in Japan called 'Bz' that is very popular, and their lead guitarist used an XPR for his sound.
That's one reason why you see a great interest in Japan for Rockman gear.
That would be Tak Matsumoto, he pretty much loves all gear Van Halen :P