Xp100 front panel mounting

A family of all-in-one digital controlled analog preamp and effects units (XPR and XPRa), along with derived guitar amplifiers (XP 100, XP 212 and Superhead).
adrien

Xp100 front panel mounting

Post by adrien »

Hello rockman community,

I'm a rockman user since a few months now!
I bought a XP100 in a second handed shop but it is in a bad shape.
I really like the sound of it :-)
I'm trying to clean it and refurbish it.

I'm currently facing an issue, on my amp there is no support or screw for the pcba of the front panel into the mechanic.

It is moving a lot into the amp and make it unusable
When i opened it the first time a tiny plastic part was glue to fix the pcba. But i sure it's not the original way.

Could you please tell me what kind of support is used into the xp100? Is it a standard part?
Maybe i can try to make a new one with the 3d printer at my work.

I will send some pics of the amp, i hope it will be more clear than my explanation!

Thanks
Adrien
Sunburst

Re: Xp100 front panel mounting

Post by Sunburst »

Adrien,

I'm working on one now. It's all apart but ready to be put back together. Send me some pics and I'll try to help you out.

Very respectfully,

Sunburst
adrien

Post by adrien »

Hello Sunburst,

Thanks for your answer :-)

I attach a picture of the way the PCB is fix on the front panel.
It's using small plastique part (I think not from the amp) and plastic PCB standoff.

I need to open my amp again because I still got huge buzz or parasite from outside electronics (phone or close cable).
I will take other picture.

How is your project progressing?

Adrien
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

Adrien,

I put my project on hold after COVID-19 hit. I have all the parts (preamp refurbed by B5 Amplification, new speakers, amazingly found new OEM tweeters, new speaker grill covers custom made by Vince at RMC, etc.). Just need to put it all back together again (remount speakers in particle board, re-solder, etc.). One of these days. Fortunately, I have another MINT XP100 if I run into trouble putting it back together!

Very respectfully,

Sunburst