TC Gakki GOAT Stereo Echo

ESP Pocket Studio, JHS Rockbox, Nobels Sound Studio 1, GOAT Generator, etc.
Rockmanxpr

TC Gakki GOAT Stereo Echo

Post by Rockmanxpr »

Taking full advantage of the yen rate being 1$ = 140 yen, I bought the Stereo Echo pedal and should be here by Thursday, so far it cost me $343 (probably a bit more when Duty Fees come about) but I think still under $400.
Rockmanxpr

Re: TC Gakki GOAT Stereo Echo

Post by Rockmanxpr »

Got the Stereo Echo this week! Nice sturdy casing and I got it working in my recording rig. I attached it in hopes of utilizing the Stereo features of it so had to plug it into my recording rack looping it and bussing out the signals and back to record the effects. Here are some examples of just guitar and then adding the Stereo Echo in the same sample, clean is some Pink Floyd and the dirty tones is some Joe Walsh, sorry if it's a bit rushed but I spent too much time getting my recording rig to work. Guitar is my Kotzen Strat, amps is just my Pod Pro HD X dry.

~Tu3ePh0x~78~

Post by ~Tu3ePh0x~78~ »

Hi Rockmanxpr! New member 1st post!!!

Looks like these pedals are geared towards instrument level guitar/amp rigs. How did it fare in your recording studio? Since SR&D Stereo Echos are rare as hens teeth (only 1 beat up one for $750+ 😔) and I have a Sustainor 100a and a RM Stereo Chorus/Delay, I want to put the GOAT SE behind it in my line level rack rig. Any word on the input/output jack specs? TCGakki (?) site is in Japanese and the manual doesn’t help. Also, as it will be in a rack, I won’t have access to the 3DPDT stomp switch. The original module had external footswitch jacks. Then from the GOAT SE to my power amp and/or powered FRFR (as the original modules were intended.
Rockmanxpr

Post by Rockmanxpr »

Hello! Both the Stereo Echo and Chorus worked great in my recording set up. I have a Digi Rack 003+ which has 8 inputs/outputs so setting up a "Stereo" bus in it was key to recording stereo. In it I have lots of ways of adjusting the level so having too much of a hot signal wasn't a problem. Here is a sample I did last year with both pedals:

Mono
https://on.soundcloud.com/Xmd7n

Stereo
https://on.soundcloud.com/6vSbG